Improving a 6-block zone with 339 households in Pottstown, PA.
Habitat MontDelco has been building homes in Pottstown since 2001. In 2016, Habitat Montco established a 6-block Neighborhood Revitalization zone encompassing the 300 and 400 blocks of Beech St, Walnut St, and Chestnut St. Habitat Montco works with 339 households through its NR work in Pottstown.
- 11 Habitat homes
- 15 Critical home repairs
- 32 External preservation projects (Habitat’s A Brush with Kindness)
- Blighted Property Review Committee
- 2 Rock the Blocks: Annual event bringing together community residents and volunteers. Work included home preservation projects, installing rear house numbers, painting a local partner agency, maintaining community gardens, working on a Habitat home, and picking up trash throughout the community
Community leaders and organizations meets bi-monthly to guide and bring resources and information to the NR program.
Bi-monthly to identify local assets and challenges, work towards solutions and facilitate resident leadership.
physical property assessments
Annual assessments of homes, commercial properties and vacant properties within the NR zone to identify issues and measure progress.
- Pottstown Borough Council
- Pottstown Borough Code Enforcement
- Pottstown YMCA
- Pottstown YWCA
- Mosaic Community Land Trust
- Genesis Housing Corporation
- Perfect Game Athletics
- Victory Christian Life Center
- New Eden Community Development Corporation
- Phillies Fire Company
- Masjid Al Haqq
- Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities
- The Hill School
neighborhood revitalization Norristown
Improving an 11-block zone with 320 households in Norristown, PA.View Norristown Revitalization Zone
our other programs
Helping families set goals, learn skills, and change financial behaviors to become financially stable.
become a homeowner
Selling newly constructed or renovated homes to qualified families and individuals who meet our program qualifications.